News Flash

Latest News

Posted on: August 5, 2021

Meeting Notice

Notice(1)


Citizens of Angleton, Texas

GENERAL / PROPERTY TAX RATE DECLINE (4.83%)

LAST YEAR $.665 PER $100 VALUE

PROPOSED BUDGET NO NEW REVENUE RATE $.633 PER $100 VALUE

 “The Proposed Budget will raise more total property taxes than last year’s total tax levy by $124,461 or 1.67%, and of that amount, $124,461 is tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year.” 

 UTILITY / WATER AND SEWER RATES

The Utility Fund will increase total rates by approximately $7 per month for an average customer using approximately 5,000 gallons of water per month. Customers using less than 5,000 gallons per month will receive a smaller increase.  Customers using more than 5,000 gallons per month will receive a larger increase.

Notable key factors:

  1. 1960 Chenango Water Plant requires an emergency replacement to prevent the loss of millions of gallons of water at a cost of more than $2Million. The Water and Wastewater Financial Plan to sustain the failing infrastructure and bridge the gap between required expenditures and available revenue continues to widen.
  2. The Last water rate increase was FY 2013-2014 for City operations, maintenance and capital projects (other than pass through to Brazosport Water Authority (BWA) and Impact fees).  Inflation is up 12% plus an additional 5% through May 2021 totaling 17% inflation during the same period.
  3. Health Insurance Rates are expected to rise by 15% or more.

 

For discussion, there will be a Public Hearing related to the budget and rates held on Tuesday, August 24, 2021, at 5:30PM in City Council Chambers.


Spanish Notice of Tax and Utility Rates 2021

Notice of 2021-2022 Tax Rate

Notice of Meeting to Vote on Tax Rate

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Latest News

Permit Fee Waiver

Permit Fee Waiver

Posted on: September 15, 2021
Copy of Bike

Hurricane Nicholas Updates

Posted on: September 13, 2021
Lupe Valdez Headshot

City Council Names New Police Chief

Posted on: August 25, 2021
broadbandgeneral

Broadband Options In Angleton

Posted on: August 11, 2021
Proposed 2021-2022 Budget

2021 2022 Proposed Budget

Posted on: July 2, 2021
Public-Notice-Graphic

Public Notices

Posted on: February 9, 2021
4 color TRANSPARENT

City of Angleton Video

Posted on: June 1, 2021
City of Angleton Registered Contractors List

Registered Contractor List

Posted on: February 19, 2021
Waste Connections

Waste Connections

Posted on: February 11, 2021
Utility Billing

Utility Billing Updates

Posted on: February 10, 2021
COVID 19 Vaccine

COVID -19 Vaccines Information

Posted on: February 3, 2021
Blue and Orange Geometric Shapes Simple Job Post Vacancy Announcement Instagram Post

Bid Notice

Posted on: January 25, 2021
TTE Facebook Cover Angleton

CODE RED Emergency Notification System

Posted on: December 1, 2020
budget 1

2020-2021 Adopted Budget

Posted on: October 13, 2020
New Development

New Development

Posted on: August 18, 2020
Project-Update

Project Updates

Posted on: August 3, 2020
INSIDE ANGLETON Cover 2021 Spring Summer

INSIDE ANGLETON City Magazine

Posted on: May 13, 2020