May 4, 2024 General Election
The May 4, 2024 General Election will be for positions: Council Member, Position 1; Council Member, Position 3; and Council Member, Position 5.
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office, a person must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; and
- on the date described by the preceding item “5)”, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected.
- satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
2024 IMPORTANT DATES
Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml
The 2024 Candidate Packet
Texas Secretary of State - Elections Division
Brazoria County Clerk’s - Elections Division
Brazoria County Voting Precinct Maps (Mapas De Precintos De Votación