Keep Angleton Beautiful
Keep Angleton Beautiful is led by a City Council-approved board an its mission is to empower Angleton citizens through education to take responsibility for enhancing Angleton's environment.
Our vision is to make Angleton, Texas, the most beautiful and environmentally responsible place in Texas, one person at a time.
We hope to achieve this with a three-point emphasis on beautification, litter reduction and prevention, and solid waste (landfill) reduction/recycling.
- Downtown planters – Keep Angleton Beautiful helps provide and maintain planters filled with seasonal color in the downtown area. Your business or civic group can help sponsor a planter! Sponsors receive recognition and name placement on/near the planter. Contact us for more details.
- Angleton Hearts – Angleton is where the heart is – literally! Make sure to check out our heart signs throughout town.
- Liberty Garden / Monarch Waystation – This garden, located near City Hall at 121 S. Velasco, features native plants that are attractive to Monarch butterflies in an effort to increase the number of Monarchs and beautify our city.
- Yard & Business of the Month – April through October, the KAB board members pick one residence and one business each month to honor for their commitment to beautifying Angleton, one yard at a time. (Yard and/or Business of the Month Nominations)
- Angleton Business Beautification Incentive – The City of Angleton and KAB announces the Angleton Business Beautification Incentive Project. This is for the purpose of enhancing existing business landscaping and storefront improvements including flowers flower pots, potted bushes, other vegetation, etc. To apply click here. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Litter Reduction & Prevention
- Spring Citywide Cleanup/Fall Sweep – annual clean up events held in April and October. Drop-off recycling of materials such as tires, batteries, and electronics is offered as well as paper shredding.
- Don't Mess with Texas campaign (Don't Mess With Texas website) – the official Keep Texas Beautiful litter prevention campaign
- Waste in Place curriculum (Waste in Place website) – curriculum from Keep America Beautiful on litter prevention, recycling, and waste reduction
Solid Waste Reduction / Recycling
- Curbside household recycling program – residents are asked to place their recycling in the green cans and place them at the curb on their designated recycling pick up day.
- Lend – A – Bin program – Having a barbecue, fundraiser, or other event? Want to help your guests recycle at your event? Then take advantage of our Lend-A-Bin program.
- Recycle-Bowl – This annual competition asks schools to collect as many recyclable materials as they can to win!
- Educational programs – Education is the key to recycling and litter prevention! Keep Angleton Beautiful works in Angleton ISD schools and Angleton Christian School to promote recycling and litter prevention through curricula and special programs. Contact us for more details.
Green Series Seminar
Join us monthly during 2020 for best practices in home garden development and management. The seminars will be instructed by Brazoria County AgriLife Horticulture Agent, Stephen Brueggerhoff and Brazoria County Master Gardener experts.
- Facility: Angleton Recreation Center Room 2
- February 11 - Preparing Garden Beds & Lawns
- March 10 - Spring Vegetable Gardening
- April 14 - Herbs
- May 12 - Soil/Composting
- June 9 - Water Conservation
- July 14 - Propagation by seed
- August 11 - Container Gardening
- September 8 - Fall Vegetable Gardening
- October 13 - Tree Planting & Care
- Time: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Age: 18+ years
- Fee: Seminars are free to the community however we do request that you preregister
- Registration: Registration will open December 1, 2019