Reasons to Serve
Jury service is an important civic and community duty. Through service on a jury, a citizen has a direct hand in the administration of justice. Jurors aid in the maintenance of law and order and uphold justice among their fellow citizens. A juror's greatest reward is the knowledge that they have discharged this duty faithfully, honorably, and well. The Court greatly appreciates citizens who participate in this service.
**Jury Trial has been canceled for Thursday, September 15, 2022.** There is no need to make an appearance if you are scheduled to appear as a prospective juror on September 15, 2022.
There is a recorded juror message for you to call on the evening prior to your juror appearance date. Call 979-849-2471 after 5:30 p.m. On the evening prior to your juror appearance date to hear whether you need to appear as a prospective juror if you have receive a juror summons.
Serving as a Juror
To serve as a juror, you must meet the following specific qualifications:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I am a citizen of the state of Texas and a resident of Brazoria County.
- I am qualified to serve under the Constitution and laws to vote in this county. (Note: You do not have to be registered to vote to be qualified to vote.)
- I am of sound mind and good moral character.
- I am able to read and write.
- I have not been convicted of theft or any felony.
- I am not under indictment or other legal accusation of a misdemeanor theft, felony theft or any other felony charge.
- I am a resident of the City of Angleton for which the court is established.
To claim an exemption from jury service contact the court Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 979-849-2471.
Questions & Additional Information
If you have any questions related to your juror summons or if you are unable to serve for a reason(s) other than exemptions, please call 979-849-2471 and speak to a clerk for information.
What if I don't live within the city limits of Angleton?
Juror's names are selected from current voter registration lists. If you were summoned and you no longer reside in Angleton, contact the voter registration office to have your named removed from their list.