Development Services Department
The mission of the Building Services Department (BSD) is to create and maintain a healthy, safe community by enforcement of the adopted building codes and amendments by providing efficient customer service and ensuring quality in the design, construction and use of properties within the community.
The Building Services Department encompasses the Building and Permitting offices, the Code Enforcement Department and the Administrative Fire Marshal's Office. Pre-development meetings may be scheduled with all parties involved in your project, which is encouraged so that we may work together with you through every step of your project. The BSD website provides a packet containing all of the permitting requirements and other pertinent information required for plan submittal, review, and inspections.
The City of Angleton has adopted the following Codes:
- 2015 International Energy Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2014 NFPA 70 National Electric Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 Pool and Spa Code effective March 12, 2019
Certificates of Occupancy
A Certificate of Occupancy is required for: Occupancy and use of a building hereafter erected or structurally altered; change in use of an existing building to a use of a different classification; and/or a change in the use of the land (regardless of whether or not a building is present or erected on the property) to a use of a different classification. For more information, go to the Fire Marshal Office page.
To download applications and permits, select the tabs below:
Building Contractor Registration Form 06.2021Contractor Registration Requirements
Any person, firm, corporation or other legal entity that is required to secure a permit from or the consent of any administrative department within the corporate structure of the city, prior to commencing any construction, repair, work, labor or service shall be required to register with the city and furnish a general liability insurance policy in an amount not less than $300,000 for injuries in any one accident, not less than $100,000 for injury to any one person and not less than $250,000 for property damage. The registration fee shall be $50 and payable prior to obtaining any permit for construction work inside the city limits.
All building permit applications require the signature of the home/property owner as well as the contractor's signature prior to the issuance of the permit.
To download your registration form, please select from the following:
- Building Contractor (PDF)
- Mechanical Contractor (PDF)
- Master Electrician (PDF)
- Master Plumber (PDF)
- Sign Erector (PDF)
Homeowners are exempt from the construction registration when performing their own work at or in their residence that is lawfully homesteaded as such.
Homeowners may not do their own work on a newly purchased home or rental property. A homeowner who qualifies to do their own work is required to obtain the necessary permits and follow all applicable codes and inspection procedures that are required.
- Stormwater Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Mechanical Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Driveway Flatwork Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Application (PDF)
- Irrigation Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Garage Sale Permit Application (PDF)
- Swimming Pool-Hot Tub Permit (PDF)
- Right-Of-Way Permit (PDF)
- BSD Commercial Building Permit Final (PDF)
- Drainage - Culvert Pipe Application
- Residential One & Two Family Application
- ROADSIDE BANNER PERMIT APPLICATION and POLICY REV 04.15.2021
- ROW User Permit Application Fillable 07.29.2021
- Plat Application Updated APRIL 2021
- FENCE PERMIT APPLICATION 09.15.2021