News Flash

Latest News

Posted on: September 24, 2019





The City of Angleton experienced approximately 11.6” of rainfall from Tuesday 9/17 through Thursday 9/19.  On Tuesday evening, the heavy rain fell at a rate of 3” an hour, causing some street flooding throughout the city.

To date, the City and the Office of Emergency Management have not received any reports of home or business flooding. If you are a City of Angleton resident or business owner that had reportable damage or if your area of town was negatively impacted, we would like to hear from you.

Please contact Martha Eighme at (979) 849-4364 x2111 if you would like to give feedback on how your area of town was negatively impacted.  Any damages, whether individual or public need to be reported to the City Office of Emergency Management to Katherine Davis at (979) 849-2383 x3108. Damages with repair estimates are then forwarded to Brazoria County Office of Emergency Management and then to the State of Texas.

In order to be eligible to receive FEMA assistance, there are two requirements that must be met for every county and state.

  • Each affected county must meet a damage threshold. 2019 Brazoria County is $1,183,767.
  • The State of Texas must meet a damage threshold of $37,718,342

 Residents impacted by Imelda may not be aware they have Flood Insurance

Call 1-(800) 427-4661 to see if you have a Forced-Place Flood Insurance Policy

Many homeowners and renters, impacted by Tropical Storm Imelda, may have received assistance from FEMA over the past three years and they may have a forced-place flood insurance policy that was paid for by FEMA.  The policy will be written for the amount of damage assistance that FEMA paid following Hurricane Harvey or other Presidentially-declared disasters.  Impacted homeowners and renters should call their insurance company to begin the process of filing a flood claim. If you are unsure if you have a policy, please call FEMA at 1-800-427-4661.

Once a new disaster, for Imelda is declared for Individual Assistance, impacted homeowners and renters should call 1-800-621-3362 to make a disaster application for assistance. FEMA may be able to help with immediate needs and temporary housing. FEMA and their partner, the Small Business Administration may be able to assist with permanent repairs.

Take pictures of the damages.  Keep receipts for all purchases you have made, related to replacing damaged items, and for goods and services needed to make repairs.

If you purchased a manufactured home in the past few years, you might have a separate insurance policy through the dealership that will cover losses—including flood losses.  Check your policy and make an insurance claim.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Latest News

Kids with Texas Twister Drinks at Angleton Market Days

Angleton Market Days

Posted on: November 8, 2019


Posted on: October 7, 2019
Budget cover image

2019-2020 Adopted Budget

Posted on: September 26, 2019
Inside Angleton Cover 2019

Inside Angleton Spring/Summer 2019

Posted on: April 13, 2019

Land Development Code

Posted on: September 25, 2018