City Secretary's Office
The City Secretary is an Officer of the City, appointed by the City Manager. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by state law and the city charter.
In addition to statutory duties, the City Secretary serves as the Director of the Office of the City Secretary, which oversees Elections Administration, Records Management, Public Information, and the appointment process of Boards and Commissions.
The City Secretary’s Office is committed to administering the legislative process, promotes transparency to serve the public, elected officials, and city departments.
- Serve as Elections Administrator for all City of Angleton general and special elections
- Ensure the City’s compliance with the Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act
- Administer and coordinate the records management program
- City Council administration
- Coordinate the codification of city ordinances into the Code of Ordinances.
- Give all legal notices in compliance with state laws and publishes all legal ads for the City
- Govern the City corporate seal and attest City official's signature on documents
- Process and validate Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission applications
- Serve as the Public Information Officer
- Coordinate all board and committee of the Council, including agendas, minutes and applications