PARKS & RECREATION
- Guests are only required to wear a mask or face covering when entering the facility.
- Sanitation stations will be placed throughout the facility for use.
- Towel service will not be available and guests are encouraged to bring their own.
- Social distancing markers will be placed in front of the front desk area to keep patrons 6 feet apart.
- Credit card use is strongly encouraged, but our staff will be accepting cash payments.
- Locker rooms are use at your own risk and are not sanitized after each use.
- Facility rentals are currently suspended until further notice.
- No longer on a reservation system and will be on a first come, first serve basis. At 75% capacity, we will allow 37 patrons in the weight room at a time.
- Cardio equipment will be marked off and a number of benches will be spaced out to keep patrons 6 feet apart. A recreation attendant will NOT be present to sanitize equipment use after each use but will sanitize equipment on an hourly basis. Sanitation resources will be available for patron use at all times.
- Masks and face coverings are not required.
- For open play of pickleball and basketball, it will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own paddles and balls. Basketballs will be available to check out and will be sanitized by staff after each use.
- Social distance markers will be placed on the ground while waiting.
- When attending fitness classes, patrons will need to reserve a spot by either registering online at https://secure.rec1.com/TX/angleton-tx/catalog or calling the front desk.
- The gymnasium will be split into two sides by the gym curtain. Classes will be held on one side in the gym as well as our multi purpose room 2. 25 patrons are permitted in each class in the gym and 12 in the multi purpose room.
- Social distancing markers will be placed on the gymnasium floor to designate patron’s personal space. Equipment used will be sanitized by staff after each class in preparation for the following class.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own mat. If patrons bring their own mat, they must sanitize it before use. Sanitation materials will be provided.
- The pool will be open to the public at reduced capacity. Lifeguard staff will be following standard Red Cross training of using gloves, barrier masks and BVM devices for possible saves.
- No longer on a reservation system and will be on a first come, first serve basis. The max capacity will be 200 patrons, or capacity for lifeguard availability.
- At 50% capacity, 18 patrons are permitted in each water aerobics class. If attending a water aerobics class, you will need to reserve a spot by either registering online at https://secure.rec1.com/TX/angleton-tx/catalog or calling the front desk.
- During water aerobics there will be one lane up for open use.
- All water features will be open with the exception of the big slide and will remain closed until further notice. During rec swim, the lazy river and hot tub will be available for use. Maximum number of patrons in the hot tub will be five.
- Parks and walking trails are open to the public to use.
- Playgrounds are play at your own risk and are not sanitized after each use.
- Restrooms are open and use at your own risk. Restrooms are cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Rentals for our Parks are suspended until further notice.
Angleton Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program
The City of Angleton Parks & Recreation Department believes that every Angleton resident should have the opportunity to take part in public recreational programs and classes, which foster development, promote health and wellness and increase cultural unity. The goal of the Angleton Parks & Recreation scholarship program is to provide opportunity to participate in parks & recreation programming by assisting low-income families and individuals and subsidizing costs associated with Angleton Parks & Recreation programs. The scholarship program establishes the eligibility, requirements, distribution, award level and guidelines that apply to all Angleton Parks & Recreation programs for which a fee is charged.
Scholarship forms are available online (PDF) or in person at the Recreation Center located at 1601 North Valderas Street.
Completed applications and supporting documents should be turned into Recreation Superintendent Geri Gonzales at the Angleton Recreation Center. For questions you can email Geri at email@example.com. Once all documentation has been received and verified, Recreation staff will review and process applications within 14 business days. Applicants will be notified by email of status of scholarship.